Frugal Hidden Veggie Pancakes
If you’re looking for a way to add a few more vegetables into your diet, or your child’s, these Frugal Hidden Veggie Pancakes might be the answer. Nearly everyone loves a pancake, and these are a great way to just slide a few extra serves into your diet in an interesting way. If you’ve never thought about putting grated vegetables in your pancakes, try this recipe – you will hardly notice!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Zucchini (grated)
- 1 1/4 cups Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon or less to taste
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 150 grams Carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 150 grams Zucchini (grated)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
Frugal Hidden Veggie Pancakes:
- In a blender, add the chopped vegetables and pulse until very finely chopped.
- To this add the milk, egg and vanilla, and pulse until blended and mixture is combined. The mixture will appear thick, this is ok.
- In a large bowl add all your dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Add the wet vegetable mix into the dry flour mix and stir until just combined. It’s important not to over stir your batter as it makes the pancakes tough.
- Heat a frying pan or grid on a steady medium heat. Add a little butter once hot, and spoon a large scoop of batter into the pan.
- Cook the batter until bubbles form around the pancake, and the edges slightly change colour, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the reverse side.
- Repeat until all the batter is finished. Serve with honey or maple syrup as desired.