time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Vanilla extract
- 80 grams Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Self-raising Flour, Sifted
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Pack Queen Food Colouring Or Pastel Coloured Food Dye
- 250 grams Icing Sugar, Sifted
- 80 grams Butter At Room Temperature
- 25 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract use 1-2 tsp first, leave a few drops for later use
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Using a hand or stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add egg and mix well
- Add flour, milk, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 bowls. Check the back of the food colour box for instructions on mixing pastel colours and colour each bowl of the mixture a different colour.
- Place white cupcake cases in a cupcake tin and divide each bowl of coloured cake mix between them, one colour at a time layered on top of each other.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter on med-low heat until well combined – about 5 minutes.
- Turn speed to low and beat in milk and vanilla. Once incorporated turn the speed up to high and beat until light and fluffy. At least 5 minutes.
- Add different food colour to four separate points in the frosting and gently swirl with a skewer.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and pipe over the cupcakes.