The Ultimate Garlic and Cheese Loaf
You will never want to buy a pre-made garlic bread again! Try and buy the freshest Cob Loaf or Vienna Loaf you can find – you will find these kinds of loaves in the bakery section of your local supermarket.
This recipe will yield enough garlic butter for 2 loaves, wrap the leftover in cling film in a small log shape and it will keep in the fridge for about a week or freeze it if you want it to last longer.
I often slice little circles from the frozen block and let it melt over steak, its delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Butter, softened
- 1 Cob Or Vienna Loaf
- 250 grams Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley, Washed And Roughly Chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Basil, Washed And Roughly Chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make The Ultimate Garlic and Cheese Bread:
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- Slice the Cob Loaf or Vienna Loaf into 1-2 cm slices being careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom of the loaf.
- Place the softened butter, garlic, parsley, basil, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the butter on to the slices inside the cob and place the loaf on an ovenproof tray.
- Grate over more parmesan cheese and parsley and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Eat hot and fresh!