Rice on its own is ok, but when you get a recipe like this Garlic Butter Rice in your hands, it takes a life-changing turn.
This buttery garlic rice is the best thing you can do for your dinner, and we can guarantee that your family (and anyone else who tries it) will love it!
If you’re concerned about the salt in this recipe, we suggest low-sodium stock options. Garlic Butter Rice is delicious as a side dish with chicken or fish.
Other fantastic side dishes made of rice include:
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 5 tbsp Garlic thinly sliced or diced
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom pan on a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and browned, then add the rice on top and stir well.
- Break up the stock cube with your hands and sprinkle over the top. Continue stirring and watch closely to stop the rice from browning.
- Add the chicken stock and bring the rice mixture to the boil. Put a lid on the pot, and lower the heat right down.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is tender and all of the water has absorbed into the rice. Take the lid off and stir well before serving. You can leave the rice in the pan on the warm burner to dry out if you prefer it that way.