Gingerbread Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Gingerbread cake is super delicious. Added with cream cheese frosting and it’s heaven in your mouth!
Ginger is such a delightful spice and tastes so amazing when cooked in a scrumptious cake. Cakes are so easy to make and pop in the oven – serve this up on Christmas Day as dessert, or even wrap up to give to family and friends as a homemade baked gift!
Nothing beats homemade gingerbread cake. Give it a try you’ll love it!
For more great recipes from The Fresh Life With Megan, check out her Facebook Page.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grease and line around the cake tin
- Sift flour, bicarb soda, ginger, mixed spice in a bowl and add sugar and stir
- Combine oil, golden syrup, egg and milk together in another bowl
- Add wet ingredients into a flour bowl and stir until combined
- Pour into lined cake dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until skewers come out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes the transfer to a wire rack
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix cheese, vanilla and slat together with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add icing sugar at lower speed and spread evenly over cake
- Cut the cake in half and layer with frosting and second layer the cake finishing with frosting.
- Top with little gingerbread men and rosemary to garnish