|Receive SAHM articles like this Daily|
|Receive SAHM articles like this Weekly|
Quinoa is our new favourite grain, and this Glorious Veggie Quinoa Breakfast Bowl recipe is one of our favourite ways to enjoy it. This bowl is dead easy to put together, but offers a hearty, vegetable-filled, protein-packed start to your morning.
Now, we’ve tried to include vegetables (actually some are technically fruits) that are easy and inexpensive to access all year around. But if you’re looking to really splash out and take this breakfast bowl to the next level, throw a few chunks of avocado in there for an extra taste boost!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Cherry Or Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup Red Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Egg or two, depending on your preference
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Quinoa colour of your choice
- 2/3 cup Water
- First cook the quinoa by bringing your 2/3 cup of water to the boil and tossing in the quinoa. Allow the water to reach a boil again, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot until the quinoa is cooked through. Remember, you have to wash your quinoa first until some running water in a sieve to get rid of the bitter coating.
- Fry up the mushrooms, capsicum and tomatoes in a skillet with half the oil (season with salt and prefer if you want) until they're cooked to your preference. This shouldn't take more than 5 - 8 minutes if you preheat the skillet first.
- Remove the vegetables and toss them into the cooked quinoa. Then in the same skillet add the rest of the oil and fry the egg/s to your personal taste. Lay them on top of the quinoa and vegetables in the bowl.