Granny Jean’s Old School Butterscotch Tart is one of those old school recipes that just endures through fad and fashion!
You can make your own shortcrust pastry but this is such an easy cheat that if I am desperate to throw something tother at short notice premade pastry always suffices!
I love topping this tart with crumbled gingerbread; it really complements the butterscotch and adds a great textural crunch!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Shortcrust Pastry Shell
- 190 grams Unsalted Butter
- 1 Milk (30ml)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Raw Or Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Cream (100ml)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place butter in a saucepan over low heat until melted
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Add salt and cream and stir until it starts to thicken
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Pour into tart case and place in the fridge for a few hours to chill
- You can leave the tart plain or decorate with crumbled gingerbread cookies or your favourite bickie.