We love putting a new twist on a classic staple, and these Green Broccoli Fritters are just that. A fantastic new way to eat broccoli or just add more vegetables into your daily diet, these yummy little fritters are great for almost any meal. Serve a few with an egg for breakfast, or on the side of a salad or other side for dinner. They have lots of great flavours, but they’re still super healthy and pretty easy to throw together!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Broccoli mid size, florets and stalk chopped in small pieces
- 2 tbsp Oil of your choice
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper to taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Boil (or steam) broccoli until it is tender, but not mushy. We did this on the stove, but you could also use a microwave.
- Using a masher, roughly mash the broccoli. The aim of this is not to create a ‘mash’ as such, but just to crush the broccoli so the fritters can be cooked flat.
- Crack the egg in a bowl and lightly beat. Add the flour, parmesan, garlic and milk. Mix well to combine.
- Add the crushed broccoli into the batter mixture. Do not drain it first as the liquid helps to create a nice batter. Mix until broccoli is evenly dispersed.
- Heat half the oil in a pan, and then scoop the fritters into the pan. We used around 1/4 cup of batter for each fritter, and cooked a few at a time. Make sure you flatten the batter slightly when you place it in the pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown in colour. Repeat until batter is all gone, serve warm.