I have seen these Halloween Pretzel Pumpkins around loads of websites for years and years (huge credit to so many for the amazing idea!) – but never tried to make them myself until now.
I love the saltiness and crunchiness of pretzels and when you get the salt, crunch and sweet – it is just delicious. These are super adorable and make a great ‘sometimes food’ snack for the kids on Halloween.
You can ever get the kids involved in making them as it is just so easy.
PS: If you don’t have any orange food colouring (and I didn’t have any for this recipe) – mix a little red and yellow food colouring together!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Orange food colouring
- Green Smarties
- Lay a large sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and set aside.
- Pour the white chocolate melts into a microwave proof container, and using 10-second increments, microwave them until melted. (Note, chocolate is notorious for burning, so only go ten seconds at a time and then stir with a spoon).
- Add in the food colouring and mix well so you have a consistent orange colour.
- If the chocolate starts to get a bit hard to work with - pop it back in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Tip the pretzels into the orange chocolate mix, and place on the baking paper.
- Cut the green Smarties in half, and pop one at the top of the pretzel whilst the chocolate is still not dry.
- Pop in the fridge for a few minutes.
- That's it!