time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- vol au vent cases
- 150 grams Leg Ham cubed
- 2 Shallots diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 40 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Tasty Cheese (grated)
- 1 Large Mushroom diced
- 12 Vol Au Vent Cases (you can make your own cases)
- 2 Puff Pastry defrosted
- 1 Egg beaten
Make Your Own Cases – Recipe
- Use a 6.5 cm cutter to cut 8 circles from pastry.
- Place on oven tray and use a 4 cm cutter to cut through the middle, but only cut a third of the way through, not all the way to the bottom.
- Brush with egg and bake for about 15 mins or until golden and puffed.
- Cut the top of the case off using a small sharp knife and set aside.
Vol au Vents
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add butter and olive oil to a small frypan with garlic, shallots, mushroom and a pinch of salt and sauté until soft.
- Remove from pan and add ham, cook until it starts to brown and return mushroom mix, stir to combine.
- Cool for 10 mins then add cheese and mix well.
- Fill cases to the point where they are mounded out of the top, don’t be shy to be generous, as it cooks the mixture will shrink back, add chopped chives, replace the top (if baking your own cases) and bake for 10 mins.