Homemade Chocolate Truffles can be as great as the ones sold in the shops – and in my extremely unbiased opinion..the best ones are homemade.
Truffles can be expensive when bought from the dessert shop. If you’re thinking of giving them as gifts, then you’re gonna spend a lot! Unless you make it at home. What’s great is that you can choose and make your own version, pick different flavours and make it fit your taste!
This Simple Homemade Truffles Recipe is heavenly and just as decadent!
All you need is a short trip to the supermarket and put your baking gloves on!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Cream heavy
- 2 tbsp Liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate high quality chocolate for richer taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a double boiler over barely simmering water, combine ingredients: chocolate, butter and heavy cream. Heat until chocolate is melted then stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- Remove from heat and then whisk in vanilla.
- Pour into a shallow casserole dish and cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours. If you refrigerate longer than two hours, the mixture will be too hard to work with. If this occurs, allow the mixture to sit at room temperature until they are smooth enough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small scoop (2 teaspoons) or a melon baller, scoop out chocolate mixture, roll into one inch balls, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Continue with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Roll balls in your desired coating, I typically use high quality sweetened cocoa powder such as Scharffen Berger.
- Refrigerate truffles until it's ready to serve.