The perfect hot chip is pretty hard to find but we think we have come very close with our homemade hot chips!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 large Washed Potatoes
- 1/2 packet French Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 3 cups Water with 2 teaspoons salt
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat deep fryer to 190 degrees or heat large saucepan with oil (be very careful!) over medium heat (no lid or can catch fire when you remove the lid).
- Cut potatoes into thirds then into smaller chips.
- Heat water and salt in large saucepan over medium to high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling for 2-3 minutes reduce heat to a simmer for another 5 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Place french onion soup mix and flour into a bag, add potato wedges and shake until well coated.
- Place a layer of chips in basket and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and repeat until all done.
- Serve hot with aioli.