|Receive SAHM articles like this Daily|
|Receive SAHM articles like this Weekly|
Homemade Pesto Sauce is a great standby if you have no store bought bottles in the pantry. It tastes so much better fresh and there are so many different types to try. They’re delicious stirred through some freshly cooked pasta. Here is just a couple for you to try!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Macadamia Nuts
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese
Homemade Basil Pesto
- 2 cups Basil Leaves
- 60 grams Cashew lightly toasted
- 2 Garlic Cloves coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Oil good olive oil (cold pressed)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
Parsely and Macadamia Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups Parsley
- 80 grams Macadamia Nuts (shelled)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
Homemade Basil Pesto.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, cashews, garlic and salt.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil and cheese.
- Serve over fresh pasta or as a base for a pizza.
- Spoon into greased ice cube trays, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until required.
Parsley and Macadamia Pesto.
- In a food processor combine the parsley leaves, macadamia nuts and garlic until almost smooth.
- Keep the food processor switched on whilst gently adding in the olive oil in a continuous stream.
- Just before switching it off, throw in the parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately. Season if required.