Homemade Pork and Apple Sausage Rolls
Sausage rolls are pretty much always a hit with the SAHM kiddies, but sometimes we like to mix things up with these Homemade Pork and Apple Sausage Rolls. They’re savoury and full of protein goodness, but with a tangy twist that we just love.
What’s even better than that? They cost just $10 to make!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Brown Onion $0.55
- 1 Large Golden Delicious Apple $0.80
- 1/2 tsp Thyme dried - $0.28
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds $0.25
- 500 grams Pork Mince $6.50
- 400 grams Puff Pastry about 2 sheets - $0.90
- 1 Egg $0.55
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Dice the onion and set aside. Core and dice the apple, leaving the skin on.
- Mix together the pork mince, onion, diced apple, dried thyme and mustard seeds in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside. In a bowl, beat the egg alone.
- Prepare the puff pastry sheets by defrosting them and laying them on a flat surface. Once soft, cut each sheet in half and lay a log of the mince mixture down the middle. Roll and seal with beaten egg mixture, then cut each length into three smaller sausage rolls. Repeat until all mince and pastry is used.
- Brush the tops with more egg, score slightly, and bake in oven for 20 minutes until the sausage rolls are cooked through and have a golden colour.