time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Bicarb of soda
- Ginger powder
- 125 grams Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 large Egg Yolk (save egg white for icing)
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarb Of Soda
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/4 cup Honey
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees.
- Lightly grease and line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until creamy. Add egg yolk ,beating well. Fold in combined sifted flour and bicarb of soda.
- Heat honey in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir into dough. Mix well.
- Cover in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Knead gently on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until ½ cm thick.
- Using the cookie cutters cut out shapes and place on prepared trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Allow to cool on trays.
- Let kids go wild with icing and decorations.
To make icing:
- Beat 1 egg white with electric mixer until frothy.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of sifted pure icing sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When icing is a piping consistency, mix in a few drops of lemon juice.
- Add colouring of your choice.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living