These Hotcross Buffins are absolutely delicious!
Enjoy some decadent and mouthwatering Hotcross Buffins this Easter with your friends and family.
There’s nothing like the smell of fresh buffins coming from the oven! These will definitely be a new family favourite treat.
“Saunders’ Malt Extract is available at most Coles and Woolworths supermarkets”
They look so scrumptious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Saunders Malt Extract
- Saunders' Malt
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 3/4 cups Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Sultanas
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Natural Greek Yoghurt
- 3/4 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Saunders Malt Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Saunders' Malt
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Water
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set to one side.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir through the almond meal, caster sugar, and dried fruit.
- In a separate bowl or jug, combine the yoghurt, vegetable oil, Saunders' Malt Extract and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined - don't over mix or you'll end up with tough muffins! This mixture is not runny, so don't worry if it seems thick.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the liners of your prepared tin. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, turning half way, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of your muffins comes out clean.
- Glaze your muffins while they're still hot. Add the brown sugar, Saunders' Malt Extract and water to a small saucepan and heat over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Use a silicone brush to glaze the tops of your muffins. Allow to cool completely.
- For the cross, combine the icing sugar and water, and use a spoon to drizzle the icing in a cross shape on top of your muffin.
- Makes 12 muffins or 18 cupcake sized muffins. Store in an airtight
container for 3 days.