Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 150 grams Plain Flour
- 1/2 Salt
- 4 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 60 grams Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the sugar and rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembled breadcrumbs (or pop into the food processor).
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla and work into a dough. Knead pastry until smooth.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper until you have the required thickness and line a greased pie dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and take away the plastic wrap.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry and fill with baking beads or dry rice to blind bake.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the filling and bake a further 5 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool completely before filling with required pie filling.