I Can’t Believe It’s Not Mince Lasagne
My husband loves his meat and thinks vegetarian food is for tree-hugging hippies. So when I served what I call ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Mince Lasagne’ – he didn’t even know. Until I told him that is. Refried beans mixed with the lentils just the right way gives the impressions and taste of mince – he didn’t even suspect! Give this a go!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Lentils
- 1 Tin Refried Beans
- 1 tbsp Italian Herbs
- 1 Tin Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Cheese grated
- 1/2 packet Lasagna Noodles (125 grams)
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Open the tin of refried beans and pour into a bowl with the crushed tomatoes, lentils and Italian herbs. Mix well and set aside.
- Make your cheese sauce as per the Stay at Home Mum recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and use canola oil to very gently grease the bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Using a large spoon, layer enough of the refried bean mix to just cover the bottom of the baking tray.
- Add the lasagne noodles to cover without overlapping.
- Layer the cheese sauce on top.
- Keep stacking the layers in that order until you run out of ingredients.
- Top with the cup of grated cheese and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top.