Also known as Flummery, Jelly Whip is a rich fun dessert for the whole family!
The great thing about this two ingredient Jelly Whip recipe – is that it can easily feed a family of four for only $4! So cheap! It is simple to make – just make sure you put the evaporated milk in the fridge overnight! The texture is somewhere between thick cream and bubble gum – hard to explain. Just beware if you choose a really sweet jelly flavour – the sweetness of the dish can get a little overwhelming (ie bubblegum!).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk ice cold from the fridge (leave it in the fridge overnight)
- 1 packet Jelly Crystals
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Make the jelly up according to the instructions on the packet BUT only use half the amount of recommended water.
- Place the jelly in a plastic container and refrigerate until almost set, this will take a few hours, just keep and eye on it.
- Pour the cold evaporated milk into a separate bowl and use electric beaters to whip the milk until it triples in size and is really thick, it should only take a few minutes.
- Whist still beating the milk, gently add the almost set jelly mixture.
- Once the jelly,and milk are well combined, give the sides a scrape down and one last mix.
- Pour into glasses and refrigerate for a further hour.