Jumbuck Stew is a tasty Aussie lamb stew for you to try – it really is delicious! You can also cook this one in the slow cooker!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Lamb Chops
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 500 grams Pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 2 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- Trim chops of any fat.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper, curry powder and ginger and coat chops.
- Heat half the butter in a heavy based pan and brown lamb chops on both sides.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining butter to pan and cook onion gently until soft.
- Return lamb to pan.
- Mix vinegar, sauces, sugar and stock and pour over lamb.
- Cover and bring to simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Skim any fat off surface and add pumpkin and carrots.
- Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes or until lamb chops, carrots and pumpkin are tender.