Is it a salad? Is a kebab? It’s actually both! This Kebab Layered Salad is very impressive to look at.
It’s like it took a lot of effort but actually it’s super easy to make. The key is in getting the best ingredients – fresh lettuce and tomatoes makes the salad delicious and definitely makes it satisfying.
It looks awesome in photos, too!
This Kebab Layered Salad has all the ingredients you would find in a kebab without the wrapping. Plus it’s got a lot of flavour, a great barbecue idea and a great meal for summer. It’s fancier than eating a kebab whilst drunk at 3am and you’ve lost a shoe.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Season lamb with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Slice small pockets into lamb using point of knife. Peel and quarter garlic cloves then push into pockets.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Rest, covered in foil for 15-30 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly.
- Place all lamb on the base of a round glass trifle bowl, or high sided large glass bowl.
- Spread houmus evenly over meat.
- Roughly chop lettuce and place on top of houmus. Then add layer of diced tomatoes.
- Next put some tabouli, spreading each layer out with the back of a spoon. Top with sour light cream (as light sour cream is easier to spread), then finally top with grated cheese.
- Serve the same day it has been prepared.