Lasagna Soup is a great family meal!
It’s like Lasagna but half the effort for just as much, if not more, flavour. Just think of it like the most comforting lasagna ever, but in soup form. Perfect for when the weather is cold. Hearty, wholesome and delicious Lasagna Soup, there’s a lot to love about this one!
PS. For all you spice lovers out there, you can definitely whip up a spicy version of this soup! Just add some chilli powder or fresh chillies!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 10 Lasagna Noodles
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 200 Grams Chorizo diced
- 300 grams Sausage Mince or beef mince
- 3 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 2/3 cup Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese to top
- 1 400 Gram Crushed Tomatoes
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot on a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring until they’re softened.
- Add the meats, garlic and oregano. Cook, breaking up the mince into nice small pieces, until the mince and sausage is browned.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the mixture is darkened.
- To this pour in the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, noodles and one cup of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until lasagne noodles are tender. Feel free to stir occasionally to keep them from sticking.
- Stir in the basil (keep some for topping), parmesan and heavy cream. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Divide in soup bowls, top with ricotta and basil.