This Lemon Curd Filled Pavlova is absolutely hands down, bees knees the all time best of Pavlovas!
Serve this at a party, BBQ, or your Australia Day celebrations and it will be a hit.
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 5 tsp White Vinegar
- 5 tsp Cornflour
- 3/4 Tin Condensed Milk
- 1 and 1/2 cup Double Cream
- 150 ml Lemon Juice (I usually use 2 limes and 1 lemon)
- 2-3 Large Kiwi Fruit (just under-ripe)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Heat oven to 160 degrees. Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until they are stiff. Whisk in the sugar a spoonful at a time. Blend the vinegar and the cornflour with the last spoonful of sugar before adding it to the egg white mixture.
- Spread the meringue out to roughly 20-25cm circle on the baking tray and build up the sides so that they are higher than the center. Put the baking tray in the center of the oven and turn the heat down to 150C and bake the meringue for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova in the oven to become quite cold (otherwise it will split open as it cools).
- Place the condensed milk, cream and the lemon juice in a bowl and beat until mixture is thick and creamy. Place into the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Remove the pavlova from the baking tray and place onto a serving dish.
- When ready to serve assemble, pile the chilled filling into the center of the pavlova. Peel and slice the kiwi fruit and arrange attractively around the edge of the lemon pavlova just before serving.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living