If you’ve ever drooled over a chocolate lava cake, you absolutely must try a Lemon Lava Cake. Zesty, tangy and super saucy, this cake is guaranteed to knock your socks right off.
Instead of messing around with ramekins, we decided to bake our Lemon Lava Cakes in a jumbo muffin pan. You’ve probably seen them before, instead of having 12 muffin holes, they just have six and are much bigger. Definitely less hassle!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 200 grams White Chocolate.
- 8 tsp Butter unsalted
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour, Sifted
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and heavily butter the sides and bottom of a jumbo muffin pan.
- In a large bowl (microwave safe), slowly melt the butter and white chocolate together in 10-20 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Once fully melted and smooth, whisk in the sugar (sifted), eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, lemon and lemon zest until well combined.
- Fold in the flour using a rubber spatula or similar. Do not over mix at this point.
- Pour the batter into your buttered muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 mins (we took ours out at 15).
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then run a knife along the side of the muffin pan, lay a tray on top, and flip them out.
- Top with more icing sugar, plus fruit of your choice, and serve straight away!