If you’re looking for a cake that is guaranteed to make a good impression, it’s going to be this Lemon Lime Pound Cake. Not only is it super tangy and perfect for afternoon tea, it also looks great and makes for a wonderful ‘bring a cake’ at your next event.
You can choose to leave the glaze, but we went with it. Definitely recommended!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 350 grams Butter Softened
- 3 cups Caster Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 3 1/2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Plain White Flour
- 1 Sprite
- 1 3/4 cups Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the butter using a hand or stand mixer until creamy. Slowly add the sugar, continually beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to this mixture one at a time, beating until just combined. Stir in the lemon zest along with the vanilla extract.
- Add flour to the butter mixture alternating with the Sprite, but starting and ending with flour. Beat this at a relatively low speed until just blended every time you add.
- Grease a 25cm bundt pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick in the centre of the ring comes out clean. You can use aluminium foil after the 40-50 minute mark to stop the cake from browning too much.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack.
- While cooling, mix the glaze together by beating all ingredients until the mixture is smooth, adding more lemon juice to achieve the consistency you want.
- Spoon this glaze over your warm or room temp cake. Serve.