I put off making Lemon Meringue Pie for years because I thought they were hard work, but they are really easy. You do need to be patient though, as they take a bit of time. They always go down a…
I put off making Lemon Meringue Pie for years because I thought they were hard work, but they are really easy.
You do need to be patient though, as they take a bit of time. They always go down a treat for guests!
This is my go-to recipe now when I need to impress guests or take something special to a celebration. I could honestly sit down and eat the entire pie myself in one go.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Flour sifted
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 125 grams Butter chopped
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Water cold
Filling and Meringue
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cornflour
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs seperated
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (extra)
- 2 Lemon Zest only
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Mix the flour and caster sugar.
- Rub in the butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Beat together the egg yolk and cold water, add to the flour mixture and mix to a firm dough.
- Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Roll out dough to fit into a greased pie dish and decorate the edge if desired.
- Pierce the pastry with a fork and blind bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Combine the sugar and cornflour in a saucepan.
- Stir in the water, lemon zest and juice.
- Cook on a low heat stirring continuously until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and stir in a little of the hot fitting, then return all to the pan.
- Cook, stirring for a few minutes, stir in butter then pour into the pastry case.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually add the extra caster sugar, beating constantly until the meringue forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Heap the mixture on top of the lemon curd and spread to ensure the lemon is completely covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until meringue is golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve cold.