Fluffy Lemonade Cake
Fluffy Lemonade Cake makes an utterly divine dessert. Whether or not you love lemon, this is a cake you’ll want to whip up again and again. It’s really easy to make and the flavour is intense!
The lemonade in the cake makes it both sweet, and adds loads of ‘air’ which makes the cake really light.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Lemon Packet Cake Mix
- 225 grams Cream Cheese (at Room Temperature)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Butter, Unsalted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Water
- 8 tbsp Lemonade
- 6 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
How to Make Fluffy Lemonade Cake
- Spray two 20cm round cake pans generously with cooking/baking spray while preheating the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put the dry Lemon packet cake mix, 4 eggs, 1¼ cup of milk, 2 tbsp lemonade from concentrate and ⅓ cup vegetable oil in the mixer.
- Beat all the ingredients together, on low, for 30 seconds. Beat again on medium for 2 minutes.
- Bake the cakes according to Lemon Cake package directions. Test if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes cool in the pan for an hour. When the cakes are cool, level them off to make them flat on the top.
- Poke holes in the cakes with skewers. Set aside.
To Make Lemonade Glaze:
- For your lemonade glaze, combine 1 cup icing sugar, a splash of lemonade and water on a medium bowl and then beat until the consistency is smooth.
- Without removing the cakes from the pan, pour the glaze evenly on top.
- Cover and let it freeze overnight.
To Make the Cream Cheese Icing:
- To make the frosting, mix the cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add lemonade and vanilla and mix again while adding the rest of the powdered sugar. Beat for 2 minutes or until the consistency becomes smooth.
- Remove the cakes from the refrigerator, loosen edges with a butter knife and frost as desired.