These delicious Low Fat Banana Rice Puddings contain less than 2 grams of fat each! We love to indulge in any dessert – especially the ones that don’t leave a taste of regret afterwards!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup Rice short grain
- 2 1/2 cups Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 Bananas very ripe
- Lemon Zest half lemon
- 2 Egg Whites
- Nutmeg pinch
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a small saucepan place heat the rice and milk together and stir in the honey and vanilla.
- Bring the liquid to the boil then reduce the heat and very slowly simmer for an hour stirring every so often to prevent the rice sticking to the bottom.
- The mixture is ready when the rice is soft and the mixture is thickened but still a little sloppy.
- Mash the banana with a fork and fold them into the rice mixture together with the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture and spoon into six ramekins or a 1.25 litre souffle dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden grown and well risen. Serve warm.