This Low-Fat, Low-Carb Shepherds Pie has that delicious taste of comfort food but without the guilt factor.
The creamy cauliflower and cottage cheese topping tastes great! This Low-Fat, Low-Carb Shepherds Pie is perfect especially for the cold weather. So yummy and definitely better for you because of all the veggies in there!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 2 Cauliflower whole heads
- 3 Celery
- 3 tbsp Cottage Cheese (fat free)
- 1 Onion diced finely
- 1/2 small Zucchini
- 1 Capsicum
- 1/2 Kg Beef Mince lean
- 5 cups Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Cut up the vegetables (except for the onion) and steam until soft.
- Remove cauliflower. Set aside.
- Dice onion finely and brown in a frypan with a little olive oil.
- Add mince and brown well.
- Once cooked, add the red wine vinegar to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix mince and steamed vegetables together in a large casserole dish.
- Mash or puree the cooked cauliflowers until there are no lumps. Mix in some pepper and the cottage cheese to make the cauliflower creamy.
- Spread the cauliflower over the top of the meat and veggies and bake for 10 - 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden.