How to Make Sweet Chilli Sauce at Home
Ever wondered how to make Sweet Chilli Sauce at Home? Homemade Sweet Chilli Sauce is cheaper than buying the bought sauce and in my opinion, it tastes so much better. It tastes fresh and goes with everything!
You can make a large batch of Sweet Chilli Sauce, bottle it and give it away for gifts!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Red Chillies with stem removed
- 4 tsp Garlic crushed
- 3 cups White Wine Vinegar
- 3 cups Caster Sugar
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Cut all the chillies in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds (keep some seeds aside for aesthetic reasons if you wish).
- Place the chillies in a food processor together with the garlic and 1 cup of the white vinegar.
- Process until well combined but not pureed.
- Pour the chilli mixture into a large heavy based saucepan together with the remaining vinegar and caster sugar.
- Cook for a few minutes stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until the mixture reduces and thickens.
- Give it a good stir every few minutes to stop the mixture burning on the bottom.
- If you like, add a few of the chili seeds to the mixture so it looks pretty.
- Pour into sterilized jars or bottles.