For a sweet surprise for Mum this Mother’s Day, make up a batch of Marbled Meringue Kisses.
Present in a beautifully wrapped gift box, jar or alternatively, mount each completed meringue kiss onto a thick skewer and wrap the ‘bunch’ like a spray of flowers.
Complete with a pretty bow and hand-made card for a gift that shows you care.
White chocolate spread can be found in most supermarkets, but alternatively, you could use white ‘Nutella’ like spreads or melt some white marshmallows in the microwave and use them to join the meringue kiss roses together.
When it’s time to marble, it doesn’t matter if they are not perfect or don’t look exactly like roses, there is more to do and they are made of meringues so they won’t be perfect! But they will be pretty.
Don’t rush the cooling process, this is the secret to a perfect meringue!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Pink or red food colouring
- White chocolate spread
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- Pink Or Red Food Colouring (or mum’s favorite colour)
- White Chocolate Spread
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Use electric beaters to beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spoon small amounts of mixture onto the prepared tray.
- Using the tip of a bamboo skewer dipped in food colouring and draw through meringue forming a marbled effect. Use this process to give the top of the meringues a ‘rose’ look too.
- Bake for 1 hour or until firm to touch.
- Turn the oven off and leave tray in oven with door ajar to cool completely.
- Spread the base of half the meringues with white chocolate spread and sandwich together with a second meringue.
- Mount the meringue kisses onto skewers or fill gift box or jar and wrap for mum.