Mars Bar Slice
We have tweaked all different recipes to come up with the winning combo…my kids would inhale this if I let them. My sister in-law has also been know for this signature dish! She is not what one would call passionate in the kitchen; she makes a mean Mars Bar Slice, so all is forgiven! xx Lydia
The thing I like best about Mars Bar Slice is that you can freeze it – just cut into squares before popping into a freezer bag, it will stay fresh in the freezer for up to two months. And it tastes fantastic straight from the freezer on a really hot day!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 Mars Bars
- 60 grams Butter
- 3/4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles Or Coco Pops ( (which ever you choose we used rice bubbles)
- 150 grams Chocolate Melts
- Melt mars bars, butter and golden syrup in saucepan over medium heat until melts; stirring until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour rice bubbles into bowl and pour over melted mars bar mix. Stir through using a wooden spoon until rice bubbles are well coated with chocolate.
- Line slice tin with baking paper (this makes it easier to remove when set). Press mix into slice tin.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time.
- Pour melted chocolate over mars bar mix in slice tin and spread until evenly coated.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour until set.
- Slice into squares and try not to eat this all at once!