I love Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken.. it bubbles away all day making you so hungry.
And OMG the smell….. you’ll wish it’s dinner time really soon! The kids are huge fans, too.
I love Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken served with mashed potato, it’s also realllyyy yummy with plain rice! But then you can have it on anything!
Using Chicken Breast Versus Chicken Pieces for Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken:
Chicken pieces are so economical, plus meat on the bone is much tastier than chicken breast which can easily dry out on the slow cooker and can taste bland. If you are serving this to kids and they don’t like eating chicken on the bone, cook the chicken pieces, then use a fork to remove the meat – it’s really easy as it will just fall away.
Want Something a Bit Fancier?
If you are wanting a bit more flavour, add a teaspoon of curry powder to the mix – then you have Slow Cooker Curried Apricot Chicken! Delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 packet French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Onion
- 1 Can Of Apricots (810 Grams)
- 8 Chicken Legs any chicken part can be used
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Slice onion into rings and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the chicken pieces on top.
- Pour over the packet of French onion soup mix and pour the apricots over the top.
- Cook on LOW for 4 - 5 hours or until chicken is tender and starting to fall off the bone. If you are using boneless chicken, cut down the cooking time by an hour (keep checking!).
- Give it a good stir every two hours.