Mediterranean Lamb Casserole takes a while to prepare and cook but it tastes absolutely amazing!
All the flavours soak into the lamb making it so tender and delightful to taste. Whether you love lamb or not, you need to give our recipe for Mediterranean Lamb Casserole a try!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Kg Lamb Chops Or Lamb Shanks
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion finely chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 2 Celery Stalks finely chopped
- 1 Can Tomatoes crushed
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Place the flour, salt and pepper on a plate and toss the lamb chops in the flour to lightly coat.
- Heat 1/3 of the olive oil in a frypan and brown the lamb chops in batches, adding more oil as needed. Set the lamb chops aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and vegetables to the pan and cook until the mixture has softened. Add the tomato paste and red wine, stock cubes and two cups of water.
- Stir to combine and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and add the lamb chops.
- Cover and simmer on low for one hour and thirty minutes stirring well every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove the lid and simmer to reduce the liquid.
Slow Cooker Method
- Brown the chops first then mix the remaining ingredients and add to the slowcooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.