When you’ve got leftover chicken, these Mini Chicken Pot Pies are a fantastic family dinner option.
This is one of our go-to recipes when we’ve whipped up a full chicken roast, and it means we can use the same chicken meat, but in new and interesting meals as the week goes on. Kids love these Mini Chicken Pot Pies, and to be honest so do we!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and grease 8 muffin holes of an average muffin tin.
- In a pan melt the butter, once hot add the onion and cook for a few minutes until soft. To this add the flour and whisk.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth to the onion/flour mixture, and then do the same with the milk. Your aim is to whisk the lumps out.
- Add the salt and pepper, and then stir through the peas, carrots and chicken. Sauce should be creamy and thick. Turn off the heat.
- Place a piece of puff pastry into the bottom of each of the 8 muffin holes. Distribute the mixture evenly, and then top with more puff pastry.
- Using your fingers, roughly seal the top to the bottom, trying to ensure they stay together. Poke some small holes in the top, to help the steam escape.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, or until pastry is cooked and golden in colour. Serve!