Miraculous No Carb ‘Cloud’ Bread
If you’ve had to give up bread and other carbs, either for health reasons or dietary ones, you are going to love this Miraculous No-Carb ‘Cloud’ Bread. It’s pillowy, light and oh-so delicious, you won’t believe that it’s actually good for you!
The cloud breads are high in protein while also being low in carbs. Now, despite the name, these aren’t really bread, so don’t go into it thinking they’re going to taste like the real deal. When you first get them out of the oven they’re crumbly like a meringue. Once they’re totally cool, after being stored in an airtight container overnight, they develop a chewy, soft bread consistency.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 large Eggs
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 1 tsp Honey or similar sweetener of choice
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celcius and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Separate your three eggs very carefully, ensuring there are absolutely no yolks in the egg whites.
- Mix the three egg yolks in with the cream cheese and the honey (or similar sweetener) and set aside.
- Add the egg whites and the baking powder to a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer. Continue for around 5 minutes or more, until stiff peaks form in the mixture.
- Once the peaks have formed, gently fold in the other mixture, making sure you don't deflate the egg whites too much.
- Spoon the batter onto your prepped baking sheet, making even rounds. You should get about 9-10 rounds, depending on how big you make them.
- Bake the bread in the over for between 15-30 mins (or more). Actual baking times will vary depending on the type of tray you have, and the type of oven you use. Keep a close eye on the breads, and remove when they are golden brown.
- Move the breads to a wire rack to cool before serving. Remember, when storing always make sure the breads are in an airtight container.