time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 80 grams Butter
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Strawberry Jam
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases and set aside.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and then the eggs one at a time and beat.
- Sift in the flour and add the milk and fold until just combined (don't overbeat).
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the 12 patty cases.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
To Make the Monte Carlo Icing:
- Cream together the butter until pale and soft (approximately five minutes).
- Add the sifted icing sugar and beat for a further 3 - 4 minutes or until soft and creamy.
- To finish off the cupcakes, cut the top off the cooled cupcake and spread a layer of strawberry jam and a layer of the butter icing.
- Place the lid back on the cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.