Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- In a small to medium saucepan, heat the stock and keep it nice and hot without it boiling.
- In the meantime, heat a heaved based large saucepan and add one tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of the butter.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until the onion is cooked through and transparent.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the mixture, add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and cook for a further ten minutes or until soft.
- Transfer the mixture (minus as much of the liquid as possible) to a separate dish.
- Add the rice to the liquid mixture and stir so it is well coated.
- Once the rice has 'sucked up' all the mushroom liquid, start adding the hot vegetable stock 1/2 cup at a time and stir constantly until the rice has 'sucked up' the stock.
- Keep adding the stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly - should take about 25 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the mushroom mixture, the Parmesan cheese and a teaspoon of butter.