Lots of little kids love owls and music, so we thought we would show you how to make a Birthday cake with a dual theme!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Sponge cake
- Icing sugar
- White kit kat
- White chocolate melts
- Edible Glitter for eyelashes (optional)
- 1/4 Sponge Cake 1/4 slab from local bakery or supermaketrs under $9)
- 2 cups Icing Sugar see recipe below
- 1 tbsp Icing eyes
- 60 grams White Kit Kat
- 22 large White Chocolate Melts
- 60 grams Licorice cut in half for piano keys and 6 thin strips for eyelashes.
- 100 grams Chocolate Smarties
- 1 tbsp Edible Glitter For Eyelashes (optional)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cut the top 10 cm off the sponge and cut the owl shape out. You will just be trimming the sides to shape the body and head.
- Ice cake top of cake then sides using a blunt knife. Have a hot glass of water to scrap knife into, this will keep your icing smooth.
- Now spoon 1/2 tablespoon of white icing for each eye then place a smartie in the center. Cut one white choc bud into a point as place just below the eyes in the center as the nose.
- Cut 6 thin strips of licorice with 2 slightly shorter, these will be the eyelashes. Place a long then short then long piece of licorice on the corner of each eye, now dust with glitter.
- Place kit kats in a row under nose, spanning from one side of the owl's body to the other. Place small cut pieces of licorice to resemble the black keys on the white piano keys.
- Now place 2 white choc buds in the center below the piano keys to resemble feathers and continue the pattern down to base of owl. Place smarties in a similar feather pattern to resemble wings, see picture to follow.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living