No Bake Lemon and Coconut Slice
A terrific recipe that can just be thrown together. It must be kept in the fridge, but will last up to a week (if it doesn’t get all gobbled up first!). An alternative to the traditional lemon juice and icing sugar is to make a cream cheese icing – makes it that little bit more decadent.
Thank you to Gina for submitting this recipe to Stay at Home Mum.
Submitted by Gina M from Capalaba
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 125 grams Butter
- 395 ml Condensed Milk
- 250 grams Scotch Finger Biscuits
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 3/4 cups Icing Sugar
- Line a lamington tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and condensed milk into a microwave proof jug and cook on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir well. Continue until the butter is melted and mixed through.
- Put the Scotch Finger Biscuits into a blender and blend until they resemble breadcrumbs. Remove and pour into a bowl.
- Add the coconut, lemon juice and lemon zest to the breadcrumb mixture and mix.
- Pour the melted butter and condensed milk mixture into the breadcrumbs.
- Stir until it comes together. Pour into the pre-prepared tin and press well.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to set.
To Make the Icing:
- Mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the slice mixture, and place the slice in the fridge.
- Decorate with a little lemon zest if you wish.