If you’re looking for the perfect on-the-go breakfast, you can’t go past this One-Handed Breakfast Burrito.
Breakfast burritos are a big thing in America, but for some reason, Australia has yet to catch onto the trend. They’re a godsend for busy parents, easily freezable, simple to reheat, and perfect to eat on the run.
The recipe we’ve included here is absolutely meant to be frozen. It’s a bulk recipe, making 10 breakfast burritos that you can either eat straight away or wrap in tinfoil, freeze, and reheat later. If you don’t want to make as many, simply halve or quarter the recipe.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 10 Eggs
- 10 Tortilla Wraps
- 1 cup Milk
- 500 grams Ham Or Bacon diced, or more to taste
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Red Pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes diced
- 1 Onion diced
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Fry the ham/bacon in a non-stick pan along with the diced onion. Once the onion is translucent and the bacon is a bit crisp add in the capsicum and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes last and just warm them through. Remove all of this from the pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs well in a large bowl along with the milk. In the same pan as before, pop the egg mixture in and scramble the eggs. When they're about half done, throw the meat and vegetables into the mixture.
- Lay out all of your tortillas and spoon an even amount of the mixture into the middle of each one. You can choose to add the cheese into the scrambled eggs, or sprinkle on top. We like to sprinkle it, so we added the cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Wrap each tortilla into a tight burrito. For ones you're planning to eat now, set aside. For ones you will freeze, wrap them tightly in tin foil and pop in the freezer. To defrost, unwrap the tin foil, wrap the burrito in paper towel and zap in the microwave for a few minutes. If you're keeping them in the fridge instead of the freezer, you can also heat the burritos by putting a sandwich press.