Simple Four Ingredient Onion Tart This delicious onion tart is perfect for morning tea or a light lunch with salad. It would also make a really lovely picnic dish! It’s really quick and simple. Of course, you can make…
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Shortcrust pastry base
- 90 grams Butter
- 1 kg White Onions sliced
- 3 Eggs
- 150 ml Sour Cream
- Shortcrust Pastry Base
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the sliced onions and simmer gently until they are soft but not browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the sour cream.
- Add the cooled onions to this mixture.
- Line a pie tin with shortcrust pastry (or use a pre-made case) and pour the mixture on top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until the middle is set. Can be served hot or cold.