Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1.5 kg Cross-cut Bone-in Beef Shanks
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Celery Stalk (diced)
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 1 Carrot (peeled and diced)
- 250 grams Mushrooms
- 3 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 Tin Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano Or Rosemary
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Dust the beef with the flour until coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan until very hot and fry off the shanks until browned all over.
- Remove from the heat and arrange them on the bottom on a casserole dish. Season to taste and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Reheat the pan without wiping out and fry off the onion, carrot and celery for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Pour the vegetable mix evenly over the beef shanks.
- Again reheat the pan without wiping out and fry off the garlic and mushrooms for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and stock and bring to the boil.
- Gently pour over the shanks.
- Open the tin of tomatoes and pour it even over the top.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 60 - 75 minutes or until the meat is tender. When the meat is tender, remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes or until browned.