Last year my husband bought me cooking lessons on how to make pasta and this is my version of the Pasta Puttanesca.
It may seem like a LOT of ingredients, and it is – but it freezes really well, so make up a huge batch of sauce and always have it on hand. Enjoy!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 4 Anchovy Fillets In Oil, Drained And Chopped
- 2 Red Chillies, Finely Chopped (optional)
- 2 Tins Diced Tomatoes Or 4 X Very Ripe Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tablespoon Capers, Rinsed Well And Chopped
- 1/2 cup Small Black Olives, De-stoned And Chopped In Half
- 1 tbsp Parsley For Serving
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper To Taste
- 1 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese To Serve
- 400 grams Dried Spaghetti Or Penne Pasta
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic, anchovies, onion and chillies.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 - 5 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well. Add the capers, wine and pepper to taste (you won't need salt - the anchovies are naturally very salty!).
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 25 minute or until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in hot salty water according to the directions.
- Drain well and return the pasta to the warm pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and add the parsley and olives. Mix well.
- Pile high in bowls and serve with grated parmesan cheese.