time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley
- 2 cups Pasta cooked
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- Chicken cut into small pieces
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan over moderate heat, add the flour and stir to make a roux (a roux is butter and flour cooked together).
- Slowly add milk and keep whisking until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add basil and 2 tablespoons of parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly stir in ¾ of the cheese.
- Grease the bottom of casserole dish with the remaining butter.
- Add the pasta and top with meat of your choice.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, making sure it completely covers the pasta.
- Top with the remaining cheese, cover and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.