Peanut and Cashew Brittle
Peanut and Cashew Brittle is so easy to make you just need a little patience (10 minutes) and careful at the stove as that toffee will burn and fast! So if your little people are out of harms way this is quite the relaxing recipe with an amazing result.
I had forgotten just how super easy it is to make.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Salted Peanuts
- 1 cup Cashews
- 2 and 2/3 Water 2 and 2/3 cups
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Peanut and Cashew Brittle:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and have the peanuts and cashews measured out in a bowl. You will need to act quickly at the end so this step is important.
- Pour sugar and water in a large saucepan and gently stir together (no heat yet).
- Turn heat on to high and DO NOT STIR for about 3-4 minutes, the sugar will start to dissolve and turn golden brown in colour.
- Here comes the patience..... Stand and watch your toffee stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until all sugar is dissolved and it is nice and golden brown.
- Pour the nuts into saucepan and quickly stir through. Pour onto the lined baking tray and smooth out flat using a metal spoon.
- Allow to cool on bench for 20-30 minutes.
- Ok do not leave your dishes for a later time you need to rinse under very hot water until all toffee has dissolved then wash up (or better yet put in the dishwasher and press go). If the toffee goes hard it is messy to clean up.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living