Designed with irritable tummies in mind, these Pear and Maple Syrup Muffins uses a gluten and dairy free base recipe to start with and with just a few additions it can be completely transformed – do whatever you want with it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Ripe Pears peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sultanas Or Dates
- 2 cups Raw Cashews Or Any Other Nut (macadamias hazelnuts and almonds all work great and taste delicious) or about 1½ cup of prepared nut meal.
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder gluten free
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or more to taste
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Powder (heaped) (powder is best for sensitive tummies but you could use vanilla paste or extract also)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Or Coconut Oil
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and spray muffin tray with cooking oil.
- Add nuts with cinnamon and baking powder into a dry food processor (or good blender) and blend on high until resembles crumbs and is climbing up walls of processor, it should finish up looking like bought almond meal.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, oil and vanilla and mix again until combined in wet runny mixture.
- Fold fruit through mixture and spoon mixture into oiled muffin tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Use knife to loosen muffins from tray and carefully move to wire rack to cool.