time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (Plain) sifted
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder sifted
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar (Sifted)
- 180 grams Cold Butter chopped into squares
- 1 tbsp Cold Water
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 30 grams Butter
- 200 grams Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint Essence
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Place sifted flour, cocoa and icing sugar into a food processor and add butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the cold water until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Turn the base mixture onto a floured surface and press into a ball. Roll the mixture between two pieces of baking paper to fit a loose bottom flan/tart tin (34cm x 11.5cm). Place the base pastry into the tin, making sure to press it gently up the sides and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Place baking paper over the base dough and fill with rice or baking beans. Blind bake the pastry for 15 minutes, then remove the beans/rice/baking paper and bake for a further 15 minutes, until dry and cooked through. Cool completely.
- To make the filling, heat cream, butter and cooking chocolate in a saucepan on a low heat until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Stir in essence.
- Pour into cool shell and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.