Get ready to excite your taste buds with this lush and flavourful Plum Upside Down Cake. A slice of this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I’m in heaveeeen!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 8 Plums halved and stone removed
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 Butter 225g softened
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Orange you will need the zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 3/4 cups Polenta
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 250 grams Mascarpone
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced, line the sides and base of a 23cm tin.
- Mix sugar and ground cardamom together, sprinkle on the base of the cake tin, place the plum halves cut side down in a circle on top of the sugar until the base is covered.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and mix with an electric beater until pale. Add the eggs beating in one at a time, mix in zest and vanilla.
- Fold through almond meal, polenta and baking powder until combined. Spoon batter over the plums evenly and cook for 1 hour.
- Mix together mascarpone, zest, juice and icing sugar. Turn the cake out onto a plate plum side up. Serve warm or cooled with mascarpone.