The story of how I discovered these delicious Pork, Apple and Caramelised Onion Rissoles is quite funny.
It all started from a cooking fail! I wanted to make sausages but failed! BUT the result tasted so delicious that I decided to cook the recipe the next day and recreate it into rissoles.
The pork, apple and caramelised onion go so well together. Served with mashed potatoes, greens and gravy makes it a match made in heaven!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Place the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the red onion and cook it until it is translucent for roughly 15 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and let it cook until it is sticky.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl add the rest of the ingredients except for the olive oil and the cooked onions.
- Mash the ingredients well with your hands until it is well distributed.
- Roll the rissoles into your preferred size.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate frying pan and cook the rissoles on both sides until they are golden brown. Make sure to turn so that all the sides are cooked well.
- Serve the rissoles with mashed potato, steamed greens and gravy for a delicious and satisfying meal.